Until 1889 restaurant Hegetschweiler
Year of construction: 1863 Builders: brothers Jakob and Gustav Hegetschweiler
The Hegetschweiler brothers owned the Engel inn on the other side of the street until 1862. The ancestors of the brothers hosted in the Engel, an inn with the right to tavern, for over 200 years. They sold the angel in 1862 and built the Hegetschweiler / Post restaurant.
From 1877 to 1900 they were also post keepers with a restaurant in their own house. That is why the Restaurant Hegetschweiler became the Restaurant Post in 1890 (phots below from Peter.eichhorn collection)
|Before 1910 Lito Church Affolternstrasse Dorplatz Post School building above uggo vg Gaslaterne st521 FB|
|Before postal fire 14.1.1963 around 1950 Dorfplatz Ottenbach vg st518 FB|
|January 7, 2008 Rest. Post|