Having grown up in Glendale all his life, Albert left briefly to serve a mission in the England Southwest Mission and then on to Glendale College and Brigham Young University.
Marriage eventually came, along with a few children.
Albert worked at Lockheed Aeronautical System Co. in Burbank for 5 years as part of the F-117 Stealth Fighter team, helping to develop the avionics software that aided the F-117 to avoid radar and missiles.
The Fretz’s left California in 1990 and moved to Sandy, UT where they lived for 14 years. After first moving to Utah, Albert switched gears from a scientific computing background to business computing, and has been working as a technical writer the majority of that time ever since.
Albert is the father of six children. Three children were born in California, three in Utah.
- Laura - and her husband, Jared, live in Riverton and have two sons and a daughter.
- Ryan - and his wife Katherine have a two-year old son and they live in Portland, OR.
- Audrey - lives in Salt Lake City
- Adrienne - and her husband, Lance, recently moved to Hooper, UT where, in addition to their new house, they acquired and now own 3 yaks, 2 goats, a pig, 13 chickens, and 2 dogs (they brought the dogs with them).
- Chelsey - lives in South Salt Lake City with her dog.
- Nathan - lives with us at home in Riverton and starts the 9th grade this Fall.
Albert and his wife, Mitzi, who grew up in Burbank and Dana Point, Calif., currently live in Riverton. Mitzi is the mother of six children, all boys, who are grown and living on their own.
Albert serves as the First Assistant in the High Priest Group in their ward as well as being a home teacher, the most important calling in the Church.
Mitzi serves in the Relief Society and as a Sunday School teacher to the 12 & 13 year olds. She is retired as a high school teacher and is now working for The Rose Shop in Sandy, UT, a division of Larkin Mortuary.