Wilhelm Köhler was born 23 July 1831 and died 27 August 1831. His parents were Christina Scholl and Johann Martin Köhler. Communicable infectious diseases for which there was no treatment, injuries that today would be treatable, death during/shortly after childbirth which rarely happens now, and no treatment whatsoever for juvenile onset diabetes before 1922. Contaminated water, and even hanging by the state for relatively minor crimes. There was virtually no treatment for any kind of heart disease or cancer. In the 1800’s, dangerous, unregulated patent medicines flooded the market. Some first caused addiction, then death from various causes. (Marylin Hubbard)
Documents related to Wilhelm Köher:
|Wilhelm Köhler bap 26 July 1831 birth 23 July 1831 l film 102550955 page 647|
In the year of Christ 1831, on the 23rd of July early at 3:00 am was born, and on the 26th of the same month in the afternoon at 1:00 pm was baptized: Wilhelm.
The parents are: the citizen and farmer Johann Martin Köhler and his wife Christine, née Scholl.
Baptismal sponsors are: Georg Klein, citizen, and his wife Magdalena, née Braun.
Graben, on the 26th of July 1831. Pastor Käß
In right margin: died 27 August 1831.
|Johann Martin Köhler born 1786 Familienbuch (Family Book)|
film 102118620 page 962
Person Born Married Died
Köhler Johann Martin L ú L Aug1786 14 Sep 1845
Maria Elisabetha Heinle 26 May 1787 3 Jun 1811 3 Jun 1827
1. Johann Philipp 15 July 1813 1885
2. Martin 28 Aug 1815 1870
3. Maria Elisabetha 18 Jan 1818 11 Dec 1819
4. Leopold Köhler 2 Mar 1820 1896
5. Georg Friedrich Köhler 13 Mar 1822 11 Nov 1898
6. Jakob Köhler 3 Apr 1824 19 Feb 1832
7. Philippine Köhler 15 Dec 1826 13 Aug 1827
Christina Scholl 22 Apr 1798 19Apr1827 11 Oct 1843
Philipp 12 Feb 1825 (Ammerika)
Children 2 marriage
8. Wilhelm Köhler 23 Jul 1831 27 Aug 1831
9. Christine Köhler 13 Feb 1833 1900
10. Wilhelm Köhler 15 Sep 1838 (Ammerika)
Note: What could the letters "B. u. B." after Martin's means citizen and farmer
u. is probably und = and
B. could stand for Bauer = Landwirt = farmer
The other B. could stand for Bürger = Citizen
Left margin: Köhler, Wilhelm, child.
16. In the year of Christ 1831, on the 27th of August in the evening at 9:00 pm died and on the 30th of the same month early at 6:00 am was buried: Wilhelm, the one month four day old child of the citizen and farmer Johann Martin Köhler and his wife Christine, née Scholl. Witnesses are: (1) Wilhelm Krauß, (2) Georg Klein, citizens.
Graben, on the 30th of August 1831. Pastor Käß.