Minneapolis Minnesota 1885-86 census:
Husband: John Gunn
The girls are two of Robert Gardiner's granddaughters. The girl standing is Marguerite Gedge. She died of appendicitis not long after this photograph was taken. The girl sitting is Rachel Gedge. The woman sitting down is Robert Gardiner's sister, Matilda Gardiner Gunn.
Matilda and John Gunn had the following children:
1. James b 31 Jul 1871; at Kimming Park, Parish Gover, County Renfrew, Scotland marrried Cornelia
2. Anna Gunn's b 15 Dec 1872, Dumbarton, Scotland, married Ernest Aiston 23 Dec 1894, Chicago, Ill she died 27 Jan 1947, Bellingham, Washington. He died 19 Sep 1911, Rockford, Ill.
They had the following children:
1. Alice Genevieve Aiston b 1895 d. 1945
2. Homer Aiston b 20 Nov 1898
3. Louise Matilda Aiston married Grand Chamberlain b 4 Sep 1900 (This lady wrote a history
called the Aiston - Chamberlain Family History c 1981 with lots of pictures of Gardiners
and related families.
4. Jean ElanorAiston
5. Philip (called Kenneth) Bisbee b 5 Jul 1906 d 25 Dec 1974
6. Robert Lynn b 23 Jun 1908
3. Matilda born 4 Sep 1874, Glasgow, Scotland m Robert Aiston brother of Ernest Aiston who married her sister Anna
4. Jean Gunn born 28 Jul 1879 St Catherines, Candda; died 7 Jan 1882 (drowned in a ditch)
5 John Gunn born 13 Dec 1880 Chamdoss, Co. peterboro, Candda; m. Sarah Linnell; lived in Grants Pass, Oregon, also Reno, nevada; and Ogeden Utah. He died in 1965 in Salt lake City, Utah, no children (joined the church)
6. George Arthur born 31 May 1885, South Minneapolis, Minn; d. August 1897, Chicago, Ill, from blood poisoning from a nail in his foot
7. Edward born 13 Jun 1887, Minneapolis, Minn died 2 Apr 1979, m Doris S. Clark, a widow with 1 chld: Marjorie; they had two children Eleanor and James
8. Robert, born 18 Mar, 1893, at Muskegon, Mich; died April 29 1893, age 6 weeks.
December 23, 1899, Salt Lake Herald, Matilda's daughter comes for a visit:
February 12, 1912, The Evening Telegram: Oil Stove Fire in Matilda's home:
Attached above is a photograph with a closeup that you might find of interest. The girls are two of Robert Gardiner's granddaughters. The girl standing is Marguerite Gedge. She died of appendicitis not long after this photograph was taken. The girl sitting is Rachel Gedge. The woman sitting down is Robert Gardiner's sister, Matilda Gardiner Gunn. Thanks for sharing your family history information with me. Merry Christmas! N
SLC Cemetery, SLC Utah:
Matilda Gardiner Gunn from K on Vimeo.